Sunday 23 October 2011

31 Days of Halloween - Day 23

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday :)

Welcome to day 23 of Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween.  If you have just stumbled across this post and would like to start from the beginning, then please see the blog list on my side bar, I would strongly recommend you joining the hop, there is some AMAZING talent on show!

I have decided to use a decoupage image for my project today.  I think she is lovely, but I also think I have over powered her by surrounding her with the bright orange and dark green....... it looked lovely in my head LOL

Anyway, here it is,
 let me know what you think :)



This is a close-up of the image

The decoupage image is by Molly Harrison, but I have had it so long I can't remember where I got it from.  I mounted her onto dark green card, which was then mounted onto orange card.  I stamped around the side with a swirly pumpkin stamp and another pumpkin stamp I used as a button to hold the tassel in place. The ribbon and flower (I do have green roses, but they just look like cabbages), are all from my stash. The whole piece was then mounted onto dark green card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge(s)


That's all from me for today. Thank you for all your kind and encouraging comments on my previous posts :) 

Enjoy the rest of the Hop :)

Take care

Fiona. x


21 comments:

  1. Ooooh - she's beautiful and I love her kitty too. I do agree that the frame is a little bright for her but it is truly lovely :-D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona,
    Well I think it turned out great. love the orange! your image is beautiful too! And I am loving that green bow!!! FAB job girl!!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What a fabulous image and I love how you've decoupaged her, stunning. The orange frame is a little bright, but the darker green works really well I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Halloween card, I love the softness of it, and all the layers. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is ghostly and beautiful!!!!!
    Thank you for joining us at CropStop Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful use of layers.
    Thank you for sharing with us this week at
    Sweet Stamps Challenge
    Have a sweet week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this turned out awesome!!! Yes, my eyes went to the brightness first; but then to the faint image!!! Beautiful... it is like she is walking in the fog/mist!!! Very cool indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card- thanks to joing us at the new challenge by It's all about the Vintage
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  9. A awesome image love the colours you have used
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is awesome! I think the bright frame makes you concentrate on the image more. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card & attention to detail. Thanks for joining us at CropStop Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, she is just beautiful! I think she looks just fine in the bright frame and your embellies are gorgeous. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! My opinion is that the bright frame just sets off how etheral the image is. I like it immensely!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this green against the orange cs, Fiona! It draws the eye to the love image you created - Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. if you want honesty, you will get it from me. That is who I am. I think your work is top notch, you know that. I always love your creations. (unless they are very gory)

    This one is an exception. The image you chose to use is so very pretty. It is whispy and ethereal. The bold and bright colors, plus the heaviness of a large bow and tassle take away from her.

    I think pulling one of the colors from her image (in pastel), like the blue of her sleeves or perhaps the lavendar of her hat would have been a prettier frame with a bit of black, and perhaps small amounts of gray here and there. I believe that would have made for a more appropriate backdrop for her.

    Please do not be upset, as I do not mean my critique in any way to be mean or cruel. I am just sharing my opinion, which you asked for.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. just tooo cute! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out

    ReplyDelete
  17. How very sweet! Thanks for sharing with us on the Sweet Stamps blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, this is such anadorable halloween card! Love the bow and tassle, great halloween colours and such a pretty image! Thanks for joining us at The It's All About The Vintage Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous especially the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Halloween! Your project does a fantastic job of highlighting the joys and colors of this very special holiday--Spooktacular!!! Thanks for sharing this with us on the CropStop Challenge.

    ReplyDelete